Impact Over Income
I’ve changed my mindset to focus on making an impact over income.
- Chasing income, not impact…
- Scarcity mindset…
- Lack of confidence…
- I reclaimed my nights and weekends. While I still occasionally respond to clients after 5 or 6pm, my Skype and Slack generally go into sleep or snooze mode after hours. As long as I’m not a medical or insurance professional, I don’t see the necessity to be on call 24/7. If clients can’t respect that I, too, need and expect family and personal time, then they are NOT my ideal client.
- I started playing games with my family again. No, I don’t mean board games. The bigs of my house are video gamers, me included. After a year without touching a video game, I re-installed Ark on my computer and began taming dinosaurs again. Was/Is this a waste of time? Yes and No. While I’m not productive while Ark’ing it up, the mental break I’m giving myself has contributed to an influx of ideas — including blog articles!
- I stopped setting my alarm. Waking up at 5 and 5:30am was taking its toll on me – mentally and physically. Many mornings I would wake to my alarm, and after sitting at my desk for 15-20 minutes would be overcome with exhausted anxiety. My body was telling me it NEEDED more sleep. After crawling back into bed as the sun was rising on more than a dozen occasions, I realized that perhaps I should be climbing OUT of bed at this time as well.
- How much faster your work gets completed and
- How much stress can be removed from your life.
Are you ready to stop stop chasing income and start making an impact? Are you ready to enjoy life whether you’re winning or losing? Sign up for a complimentary 30-minute Positive Productivity Coaching Call at http://meetme.so/PositiveProductivity.