I’ve been actively going through a major purge for the past month. After struggling with anxiety for the better part of a year, I decided my life was in need of a…
Purging Personally and in Business
- Emptied my email inboxes, unsubscribing from dozens of newsletters and clearing all the emails I saved to “read later” but never got around to.
- Deleted all the people who opted-out from my email lists – Did you know you can boost your email deliver-ability by making sure your list is clean?
- Left 60+ Facebook groups I rarely participated in – and drastically cut down my notifications in the process!
- Cleaned up my tags and campaigns in Infusionsoft, thus making it easier for me to find what I needed to!
- Became much clearer on who my ideal client is, eliminating work I’m not passionate about from the horizon
- Removed the majority of caffeine from my diet. This means absolutely no more soda and severely cutting my coffee intake. You want to know what happened as a result? I’ve actually been sleeping better and been more alert during the day!
- Significantly reduced worrying by spending more time with my children every day. Previously I was picking them up from daycare and then getting right back to work. Now I’m spending quality time with them from 5-8pm and then going back to work (if I feel like it).
- Stopped reducing the news and looking at the trending news on social media. If it’s important, I’ll hear about it. Now, however, I don’t need to bring down my day with horrible stories involving stupid people.
- Have learned to say “no” to opportunities and invitations which don’t interest me. Does this mean I’m not being social? No. It means I’m allowing myself to participate much fully in the activites which DO interest me.
What can you purge from your life to lead a more positive life? I urge you to take a look and then comment below with the changes you have set into action!
Kim Sutton is the Managing Partner and Chief Everything Officer of The Sutton Companies, including Sutton Strategic Solutions and Sutton Creative Studios. She is a graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture.
An avid reader and passionate learner, Kim is constantly researching, studying and developing business improvement strategies. When it comes to client work, Kim especially enjoys helping her clients develop innovative marketing strategies and sales funnels, particularly when they are using Infusionsoft to automate all the heavy lifting. To find out how you can further develop your company’s marketing and automation strategies schedule a 1-hour Business Boost Strategy Session by clicking here.
In her free-time, Kim cherishes the time she gets to spend with her husband, Dave (her business partner), and five children. She also enjoys reading, knitting, and writing.