ABOUT KIM SUTTON
My life can be broken up into distinctive chapters, and without any one of those chapters I would not be the person I am today.
And, who am I? A number of phrases describe me… Christian; Mother; Creative; Multi-passionate; Snarkastic; Marketing mentor; Empath; Purposepreneur; Witty; Introvert; Podcast Host; and Conquerer of Chronic Idea Disorder™.
About Kim – Background
HOW I GOT HERE
I received my Bachelors Degree in Interior Architecture from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and was an interior designer for nearly 10 years in prestigious firms in Chicago, New York City, Greenwich, Connecticut and Ohio. Although I was living the life I thought I wanted, something was missing. I was a mom of two amazing little boys, however they were the focus in an otherwise fuzzy life.
I was existing rather than living.
September 2008 found me unemployed and utterly confused about my purpose. My marriage was failing, my sons were rebelling, and I was fighting to find passion for a career I loathed.
In essence, I was forcing myself to live a life designed for someone else.
About Kim – Blessings
FINDING LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS
Even in the darkest of times you can find light, and out of my first marriage my sons were without a doubt that light. Little did I know that they were just the beginning.
Life immediately began to change when I was introduced to the Law of Attraction. I suddenly realized I had the right to be happy. I finally understood that I could make ALL my dreams come true.
In December 2010 I took the biggest step of my life. Unemployed, I left my ex-husband and began a new life. I found God and He helped me find myself.
In 2012, I re-married. After experiencing four miscarriages, we were surprised by our daughter, and, 16 months later, by boy-girl twins. These three, combined with my boys, are truly the light of my life and it is my priority now to show them all a house which is led by the Lord.
Unfortunately, God had other plans for my 2nd husband and I. While I learned more than I ever thought possible during our 10 year marriage and believed he was my soul mate and the love of my life, in March 2022 I filed for divorce. As a Christian, I know what the Bible says about divorce. This was not a decision I reached lightly, and I pray people will listen when I say I had MANY conversations with God, my pastor, and my Christian mentors before proceeding.
With that said, let’s get back to the uplifting stuff…
About Kim – Business
FINDING PURPOSE IN MY PASSION
In September 2012 I started the first version of my business, Sutton Creative Studios, and by November had so much work I had to give notice at my full-time job. Although I loved (most of) my clients, in the Spring of 2016 I realized something was missing.
I was so busy chasing the successes of others that I had failed to figure out what my Why was.
This purposeless chasing had led me into depression and anxiety. (Listen to the story on the Positive Productivity podcast: Episode 001 – About Kim Sutton) Over the course of the previous four years I had dug hundreds of shallow holes, never completing a substantial project. (Listen to me explain HERE)
While I loved the work I was doing (marketing and business automation), in 2022, and after MUCH soul-searching and many conversations with God, I realized it is my purpose to mentor Christian parentpreneurs (parent + entrepreneur), providing knowledge and support on and with the systems and strategies they need to make a living while living a Purpose-filled life.
(Note: I like to say “I help Christian entrepreneurs get away from their businesses and back into bed” however I often get raised eyebrows to this. Sleep, my friend, is an incredible success tool.)
Want to know more? Learn how my team and I can support you HERE.
About Kim – Faith
WALK BY FAITH
Dear friend, I didn’t begin my relationship with God until I was 31. It wasn’t until I was 42 that I truly began to know him. I have sinned in ways I am embarrassed about, but I have repented and will humbly share my mistakes for the benefit of serving others.
As a Christian it is not my place to judge but to look to the Lord. As a servant leader, I now find Purpose in helping others do the same. It wasn’t until I let go of worry and put my full trust in Jesus that my life began to blossom. I can not deny that worry and anxiety still try distract me occasionally, but because I gave God the reigns to my life and business, I now have time to spend with Him multiple times daily.
When we’re too busy with the busy-ness of our business, it’s easy to say we don’t have time for God. But what if He said he didn’t have time for us?
[May 2022] I am pursuing my Master’s Degree with the intention of becoming a pastor. I don’t want to plant a physical church, but instead an online church and community for Christian parentpreneurs (parent + entrepreneur). I have seen what happens in a business when God is appointed the CEO, and I pray to help others do the same. We can do anything through He who gives us strength, and I continue to run my business and support clients with the support of my incredible team and God, my CEO.
As an entrepreneur, I have witnessed clients who do what is right, as well as those who are corrupt and deceptive. As for me, my house and my business, we serve the Lord. I pray everyday that the Lord helps me be humble and helpful, with my message reaching those who need them most.
THE WORDS WHICH LEAD MY LIFE
- Joshua 24:15 – But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
- Proverbs 16:3 – Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.
- Isaiah 40:31 – Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Matthew 6:34 – Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Luke 16:10 – Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
- 1 Corinthians 12:5-6 –… I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say…
- Galatians 5:22-23 –But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Ephesians 6:7-8 – Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.
- Philippians 3:13-14 – But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Colossians 3:23 – Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- Hebrews 13:5 –Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
- 1 Peter 4:10 – Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
let's connect on